- School Meals
Our school lunches are delicious! All meals are prepared freshly in the school kitchen by our cooks. The children are able to choose from the menu options and many dietary requirements are catered for.
Children in Reception, Year One and Year Two are eligible for a free meal and we encourage children to take up this offer. Our menus are designed by our school cooks (in partnership with Trafford Catering) and can be viewed here:
For parents who pay for school lunch, the daily cost is £2.30. All payments for meals must be paid in advance using Parentmail. Please ensure you inform the school should your child have any food allergies or intolerances.
Please complete the following form if you wish to change between a school lunch or a lunch provided from home. Please note you may only change this at the beginning of each new school term.
Free school meals
If you think your child is entitled to free school meals you can now apply on line by clicking https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-trafford
Which children qualify for them?
Your child may qualify if you have any of these incomes:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guaranteed part of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as your annual gross income is £16,190 or less and you don’t get Working Tax Credit)
- Working Tax Credit run-off after you come off Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit that you applied for on, or after, 1 April 2018. As long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax, not including any benefits
Children who receive these benefits themselves instead of through a parent or guardian can also qualify for free school meals.
Your child may qualify if you are an asylum seeker.
Children who are younger than the compulsory age for starting school but in full-time education can also get free school meals.
How long can children get free school meals for?
Children who are eligible for free school meals now will be eligible for them until either:
- they finish school or
- if on 31 March 2022 they are still in school, until they finish the phase of schooling they are in (primary or secondary) – whichever is sooner.
If you would like any further information or help with completing the form please contact the school office
If you have any questions about school meals, then please contact Mrs. Hourican in the office.