What’s a digital leader?
A digital leader is a pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team within their school, their role is to support the use and further the development of Computing in school. Being a digital leader helps children develop confidence and leadership skills. Digital leaders have a fantastic opportunity to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills.
As a digital leader, their responsibilities are:
- Learning how to use key software, so that they can be a help to others.
- Assist teachers and pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Have a good understanding on how to stay safe with technology and share with others.
- Trialling potential new software and websites, then demonstrating them to other children and teachers.
- Writing blog posts and commenting on other blogs
- Solving problems for and giving help to teachers, parents ,and pupils with Computing.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Helping to lead the school forwards within the subject of Computing.
Our digital leaders provide meaningful support for teachers and peers throughout our school. This term our Year 5 and 6 digital leaders have been assisting children in KS1 during their computing lessons. Their roles have provided technical support for our younger chilldren on how to use a computer successfully, as well as, provide guidence throughout challenging coding lessons.
- Creating videos and posters on how to stay safe when using technology and going online.
- Presenting their online safety work to year groups during key stage assemblies.
Our digital leaders:
Online Safety Posters: