IMG 3129


This page contains information for parents and carers on how we cater for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) at Seymour Park Community Primary School.

On the 1st September 2014, a new Special Educational Needs Code of Practice became law.  This has some significant changes to the old code of practice.  The SEN Code of Practice still identifies SEND pupils as those with needs that are additional to and different from their peers. The main issues affecting schools and young people are:

  • The code of practice covers children and young people from the age of 0 – 25
  • The old statement of Educational Needs has been replaced with an Education Health Care Plan, which will continue to support your child in their education as they journey through their school life and beyond
  • The old SEN categories of School Action and School Action Plus has been replaced by an overarching term as pupils having a SEND need

Contact Information

If you have any questions regarding your child’s current special needs, or you think your child may need additional support, please do not hesitate to contact either your child’s class teacher or Mrs. Friar (AHT for Inclusion and SENDCo) via the school office.

SEND Information Report

Trafford SEND Local Offer

Every local authority must identify education, health, and social care services in their local area provided for children, young people, and families who have Special Educational Needs or who are Disabled (SEND).

When we refer to our local offer, we mean all the services and organizations which are part of the support on offer in Trafford.  Information about services provided outside our local area that local people are likely to use is provided on the website.

You can access the local offer online below:

Local Offer

Local Offer Video

They also have an outreach team that meets families and professionals in the community! It's certainly worth a visit to the website to find out what is on offer in your local area for a child or young person with special educational needs or who are disabled (SEND) and their families.

Trafford Family Information Serivce

Trafford's Family Information Service provides free, impartial, confidential information and advice to mums, dads, carers, young people, and professionals on a range of subjects including childcare, the local offer, and an outreach service.

Who to contact



Traffords Parent Forum

Trafford's parent's forum is all about Trafford's parents supporting each other who have children and young people with SEN, Disability, and/or additional needs.

Being the parent or carer of a child with special needs can be lonely, demanding, and frustrating experience and TPF believes it is vital that parents have a meaningful voice, in these difficult times. Apart from the "big stuff," they also want the forum to be a source of help, advice, and support for parents. That could be anything from a cup of coffee to parent training. The forum is open to all parents and carers of Trafford’s children and young people (0 -25) with Special Education Needs or who are disabled.  

The forum meets at regular intervals to discuss the issues within Trafford. They realize, of course, that for many parents, attending meetings is not a realistic option and they use a range of means to keep as many parents as possible in the information loop. 

Come and join them at their weekly drop-in and catch up for parent carers. There’s no need to book, you just turn up! Dates, times, and venues are on their Facebook page, SPIT Trafford.

Who to contact





Trafford SEND Information And Support Services (SENDIASS)

SENDIASS provides free, impartial, confidential, and accessible advice, information, and support on matters relating to special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities including concerns relating to health and social care. Their service is for: 

  • parents or carers of children aged from 0-25 years with SEN or who are disabled
  • young people aged 16-25 with SEN or who are disabled 

This includes children in early years settings, pupils in schools, students at colleges of further education, young people in apprenticeships and training programs, young people who may have SEN, and who are currently unemployed and in none of the above educational programs. 


  • Help you with information about how to apply for an Education, Health, and Care (EHC) Plan
  • Help with information and advice about support available in local schools for pupils with SEN
  • Provide information, advice, and support in relation to the take up of personal budgets
  • Provide information on the law on SEN and disability, health and social care
  • Help you gather information relating to SEN and disability for assessments
  • Help you understand and interpret information relating to SEN and Disability
  • Provide information on the Local Authority's Disagreement Resolution Service and Independent Mediation Service
  • Signpost you to the Independent Support Service in Trafford (which is independent of the Local Authority), who can help coordinate the process and provide help and support if your child has an existing Statement of SEN which is being transferred to an EHC Plan
  • Provide information about complaints procedures
  • Help you lodge an appeal with the SEND Tribunal Service, and support you throughout this appeal
  • Signpost you or your child to relevant SEND support groups, organizations and other local authority services including Connexions, housing, and young peoples' forums
  • Help with information on schools' admissions policies, exclusions policies, and school transport policies 

Who to contact