- Our School
- COVID-19 Updates
This page will be regularly updated to keep you as informed as possible. It was last reviewed in July 2022. All the following information will continue to apply for the new 2022/2023 academic year:
Trafford-Covid-19-update-April-2022.pdfIn light of the Goverment's announcement on 'Living with Covid-19' (February 22nd 2022) and Trafford Council Public Health Team school's update (April 2022), here is the latest update:
What are the new rules?
- Taking regular covid-19 tests when you have no symptoms can stop and testing is no longer free on the NHS. This includes if you are a close-contact of someone who has tested positive.
- The list of Covid-19 symptoms has been updated and can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- If you have symptoms and have a positive covid-19 test result, you are not legally required to stay at home. However, it is now advised that you stay at home for at least 5 days if you are an adult and 3 days if you are a child. We would advise you to keep your children at home in these circumstances.
- If you have symptoms and no not have a positive covid-19 test result, you should stay at home until you no longer have a high temperature and are well enough to come to school.
- Children and adults should only return to school if they are well enough to do so.
- School staff will no longer be provided with free tests for testing twice a week.
- You no longer need to wear a mask in school.
- From April, children aged 5 – 11 will be offered a Covid-19 vaccination. This will not involve school and NHS will contact families with information about this.
- Local Public Health teams can still ask schools to restart extra safety measures if necessary locally.
What has stayed the same
Children who have Covid-19 symptoms should not come to school.
We will continue to have extra cleaning throughout the day
Classrooms will remain well ventilated and regular hand cleaning will continue
Help on home LearningIf You Are Struggling And In Need Of Support Check Out Our "Support For You And Your Family" Page Here
Other useful COVID-19 information for parents: