At Seymour Park Community Primary School we believe that for our children to thrive, the whole family must be included in school life and supported.
We have a range of courses and activities for families throughout the year (see Our Community section) and we really encourage all of our Seymour Park family to get involved!
We are also extremely lucky to have non-teaching staff to support families in many different ways. Donna Green is our school-based social care worker and is on site every Wednesday. Jacqui Hanrahan is our extended services manager and works Monday - Thursday. Both Donna and Jacqui work closely with families who may need additional support.
Parent Support includes:
- home visits
- weekly catch-ups
- emotional support
- help to access outside services (SEND / domestic violence / HomeStart and more)
- help to access parent support groups
- help to access courses, training and volunteering
- help to access support with benefits advice / housing
- support through family changes / bereavement
- support with parenting / behaviour management
- confidence building - to make plans, set targets, attend appointments, access new courses
- help to access food bank support
- and much more.
If you are struggling in any way and feel you would benefit from our support, please let us know by calling school, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org