Teaching and Learning
At Seymour Park Community Primary School we believe that education matters and changes lives.
We empower our children to make a difference in their own lives, the life of the community and in our world. We provide our children with an education that makes a world of difference in order that they may achieve their full potential in all activities engaged in by our school community. At Seymour Park we have a clear and strong focus on LEARNING and PROGRESS whilst having FUN. We believe that learning happens best when both heart and mind are engaged.
Teaching and Learning at Seymour Park:
- Fosters and encourages our school’s ‘Core Values’
- Embraces a ‘Growth MindSet’ approach to improvement
- Encourages pupils to seek challenge and develop mastery
- Supports pupil resilience
- Utilises the school’s agreed Language for Learning
- Facilitates opportunities for deeper learning and develop thinking skills through Questioning Strategies, alongside Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Exists beyond the classroom